Monday, October 8, 2012

Lovely Kitchens: Copper Pots


{1}

(Photo via Better Homes and Gardens)


{2}


(Photo Unknown)


{3}


(Photo via The Kitchn)


{4}


(Photo via Home Life)

A few months ago I had the pleasure of visiting the home of some (new-to-me) family members. My fiance's mother's cousin's husband (that was a mouth full!) was a phenomenal architect during his long career, and his home reflected it. As the loving couple gave us a tour, I was bowled over by how striking the space was. But as we bellied up to the kitchen counter, for pre-dinner drinks and appetizers, I laid eyes on the most heavenly site of all: a wall of perfectly polished copper pots. 

I loved how they added a hint of old-country to the new age home. I loved how they contradicted the lines, textures and colors of the other kitchen equipment and decor. Most of all, I loved imagining myself standing at the stove, stirring away, creating something delicious! I've always dreamt of owning a set of copper pots, not only for their eye appeal but also for their superior heat conductivity. I've spent countless hours admiring them on display in Williams-Sonoma and I'm sure they will be the first thing on my wedding registry. I couldn't imagine anything better than a lovely set on display in my future kitchen, the images above just make me swoon! 

Is there anything in particular that you have always dreamt of having in your future kitchen? 
I'd love to hear about it! 

2 comments:

Yuliya said...

you and Ben

Ashley Lauren said...

hahaha You got to enjoy it for a year, it's simply on hiatus until we can figure this whole cross country thing out ;)