Saturday, March 5, 2011

Beer Bread:

My lovely Aunt sent me her recipe for beer bread a few weeks back, a recipe that is so unbelievably simple if makes my head spin. I have been trying the recipe out using a variety of beers, trying to nail down my favorite. As of now, they have all been exceptional! Beer bread is a great accompaniment to soups and stews, or toasted for a mid-day snack, but while perusing the web the other day, I stumbled upon a tasty recipe for what sounds like the ultimate grilled cheese!

First and foremost, I would like to say how much I love Honest Fare. This lovely little blog is an inspiration for all things delicious, filling, healthy and homemade. I highly recommend visiting (everyday!) to peruse all of the tasty tidbits.

The recipe I'm excited to try today is the Grilled Beer and Cheese Sandwich which incorporates perfectly caramelized onions, sharp Cheddar, creamy Fontina and spicy dijon mustard. All atop a delicious, homemade beer bread.

My Aunt's Delicious Beer Bread

3 cups self-rising flour

3 Tbls. sugar

1 - 12 oz. can of beer (any kind)


1. Mix ingredients well and then put into a greased bread loaf pan.

2. Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes, brush top with butter.

3. Bake another 10 minutes.


Enjoy.

No comments: