Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Twice-Baked Shortbread Cookies:


Well, I'm happy to announce that after years of purchasing copious amounts of Walker Shortbread Cookies, I've finally settled on a shortbread recipe that I absolutely love! (My bank account will be thrilled, the accountants at Walker's however, will probably be less than satisfied.) My future mother in law recently sent me a cookbook titled Chewy, Gooey, Crispy, Crunchy: Melt-In-Your-Mouth Cookies by Alice Medrich. The cookbook itself is a wonderful addition to my collection, it's page after page (384 to be exact) of delicious baked goods and wonderful tips and secrets. I've been working with Mrs. Medrich's Twice-Baked Shortbread recipe and have come up with two classic variations to pair with any strong, black, afternoon tea.






(Note: Using freshly ground, dried lavender in the quantity that I recommend packs quite the potent floral punch. If you're not a huge fan of lavender, I recommend using anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon, at this quantity, you will be able to enjoy the subtle hint of lavender, rather than a kick in the face.)

No comments: