Monday, February 28, 2011

The Mystery:

Last week was a fun one for me. We had a friend come to visit. We saw a Chicago Jazz legend, Van Freeman, play a beautiful rendition of one of my favorite songs: Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered. Though we were threatened with multiple snow storms, we only received light dustings (of which already melted!). I successfully cooked a middle eastern feast for my hungry honey! And I realized that I someone loves me, oh so very much!

On Tuesday I received a large box, no return sender and only a small card that read "Bon Appetite!" Inside I found a gorgeous, hunter green, 6 qt, enamel coated, cast iron Dutch Oven! And then less than two days later, another unmarked box. This time with the matching 3 qt Braiser! Now, these gifts were remarkable for a few reasons: 1. They are green, which officially breaks my streak of owning only red kitchen things (which in all honesty is a huge deal for me, left to my own devices I would have continued with red, never having the courage to purchase anything else.) 2. I had a not so happy Monday (seasonal effective disorder, perhaps?) so these gifts really picked me up! So, since I have yet to solve the mystery of the magically appearing pans I would like to just say: Thank You! To whomever sent them, I know it's not any of the obvious culprits (parents, siblings or immediate family), and no one has confessed via prodding from Facebook, Email or Texts. I fear I'm running out of leads on this investigation. I would hate to lead someone to think their generosity went unnoticed!

Thank You!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And how did you go about eliminating all those candidates?

Ashley Lauren said...

Hmm I'm guessing my sleuthing skills have not been so fantastic, I'll have to ask around again! ps as I'm sure you are the one to send me presents here is a big THANK YOU for the cookbook I just received :)

Unknown said...

I just realised the blog about the meat was you.... Very well written... Do i have to go to a website to read this daily? - erica

Anonymous said...

Why yes-the pots and the cookbook are from me. After all, you own almost none of the tools of your trade--how're you s'posed to blog about great meals if you don't have the tools to prepare them?