Thursday, February 3, 2011

Homemade Instant Hot Chocolate Mix:

Today is a beautiful day in Chicago. The sun is shinning (which is a winter rarity), the streets are finally being plowed and life is starting to creep back into it's normal routine. I'm enjoying my final snow day with a steaming cup of hot cocoa. I have an incredible recipe for Homemade Instant Hot Chocolate which I unfortunately have yet to use this winter. I have to admit, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Swiss Miss, but it pales in comparison to my sweet recipe.

Homemade Instant Hot Chocolate


1 + 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder


1 + 1/4 cups granulated sugar


6 oz semi sweet chocolate


1/2 vanilla bean, pod + seeds



1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor.


2. Blend until smooth.


3. Store in an air tight container at room temperature, lasts at least 6 months.



To make: add 3 tbsp of mix for every 1 cup of heated milk. Top with a scoop of chocolate ice cream.



Enjoy.

No comments: