Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lovely Kitchens: A Vintage Range

{1}

Photo via Country Living

{2}

Photo via Coco Cozy

{3}

Photo via Country Living


As someone who loves all things "kitchen" my heart skips a beat whenever I see a lovely vintage piece of equipment, well kept, rather than in complete disrepair. My future mother in law has an amazing seafoam green, insulated, 1920 Glenwood gas range in the kitchen of her summer home (similar to picture number one). It's a piece from the original cabin, which was unfortunately too far gone to be salvaged, save for the gas stove and stone fireplace. Her collection is complete with matching flour/sugar containers, pasta strainer and other various kitchen tools. It's complete perfection. I love the idea of a well kept, vintage gas range in the kitchen. Although I would also need a state of the art range as well. So what if it's selfish and impractical, it's adorable!

No comments: